Sunday, May 31, 2009

1st June - Everything

So this blog is supposed to be something to update daily...I'm supposed to be finding one remarkable thing about each day that I live and then write about it. Well if you're observant you may have noticed that I skipped the whole month of May and some of my April days. I think its mainly because time is an issue. Why should I spend some of the little spare time that I have writing here when I could be spending time with God, writing letters to the people I care about and other stuff which rates higher on my priorities scale. Also, there are just some days, no matter how hard I try, that I cant find anything remarkable about at all. So that makes it more depressing when the day ends and you sit looking at your computer screen thinking over your day and realising that nothing good has happened. So yes, I have given up on my daily postings of this blog and will now only write here when something truly fitting to the word remarkable happens in my life.

And it just so happens that today I have some swell things to write about!

1) For for the last few days I have been feeling quite down. This is because of a number of things which I cant mention here, but yeh everything was just getting me really depressed. And being at work didnt help because I have nine hours of thinking time and my thoughts were not positive. But anyway on saturday lunch time I was sitting on the ground with Chris, Nardine and Cairo, and then Cathie came up behind me and presented me with a beautiful plate of fried pies fanta style. Some of the crew had gone out the night before and had bought me it - they knew I liked those fried pies. Its hard to explain how I felt then. I felt like people actually cared about me, I felt appreciated. It was such an awesome feeling and I could not be more thankful for those friends God has blessed me with. It was such a small thing for them to do for me but it meant so much!

2) I watched the Lifehouse - Everything skit this week and I thought it was amazing. I dont really know what to say about it except for the fact that Gods love for us is unlike anything else in the world. If you have not seen it you should watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

3) When I woke this morning I decided to read what June 1st had to say in my "Living Light" book. I recieved this book second hand from someone and on the page it had underlined a few paragraphs. They spoke directly to me. It was stuff I definitely needed to hear.

"Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowances for each others faults because of your love. Be kind to each other, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, just as God has forgiven you because you belong to Christ. The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. It is wholehearted and straight forward and sincere. Love is very patient and kind."

Sometimes I get so caught up in my own hurts and how others treat me that I forget that I need to be treating others with the respect and love they deserve. I need to be loving people like Christ loves me which is well difficult sometimes but it is important for me to remember.

I'm heading back to Cambridge soon and its my last week staying with my host family. I really pray that at least one good thing comes out of my stay there. Goodbye Auckland! See you in July.


1 comment: